Search This Blog

Wednesday, 26 March 2014

British Beauties

So I decided to share with you a few goods that my Nan brought back from England
I live in South Africa far far away from any major productions, so we don't get the range of goods (especially chocolate) that many of you do.
Although I can't complain too much, South Africa is slowly catching up in some of their stores, but this is nowhere near the ample range of choice of all the make-up and foundations in your make-up stores, or stores for that matter, or nowhere near the quality.
So I get blimen excited when my nan comes back with make-up from Boots (which is non-existent here) as well as my favourite chocolate (also non-existent here, and a lot more difficult to buy online).



My nan brought down my absolute favourite English chocolate: Crème Eggs
How do you Englishmen live, how are there still people living in England who are not obese or have diabetes, this chocolate I swear is the best thing that has happened to me, and I don't care if I shouldn't be having dairy products, what? with that thick chocolate layer surrounding thick creamy fondant that you can successfully eat with your tongue. Oh baby.

Another extremely interesting thing my nan brought down is a head rap thing meant for wet hair, well I have never seen it in my lifetime especially anywhere in South Africa and it is so convenient. No more using hundreds of giant towels which give you a headache while pulling your hair.

My nan also got me some make-up from Boots and the brands name is Collection, I heard that Boots is something like Clicks but a lot fancier and with a lot more products that are full of quality, nevertheless I absolutely love this foundation. This Lasting Perfection 16 hour foundation has so much coverage, in fact I have come to the conclusion that all good foundations from England covers extremely well.
Another Collections item is Waterproof Mascara, now I have no idea why South African companies hate eye make-up but there are hardly much to choose from, the quality is horrible and it is fricken expensive, basically a simple stick of mascara that doesn't promise much now costs more than my daily foundation..what! So I was oh so happy when my nan brought down mascara all the way from England just as mine was running out. But this is not just any mascara, just one swipe and it looks as though you are wearing false lashes, not only does it separate your lashes but I have never seen mine this long before and it looks amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment