Search This Blog

Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Am I vegetarian

Not entirely, when asked whether I'm vegetarian I tend to say no but I'm still well aware of the reasons behind vegetarianism and that it would probably be best to be a vegetarian, and I was vegetarian for a little while.
The problem is we are all human and it is in our nature to eat meat, in fact I could not get over the fact that it felt out of my nature not to eat meat so I stopped the process and carried on.
Eating meat is part of our diet, it is who we are, it is not unnatural to kill another beautiful creature in order to survive, but what is unnatural and sort of inhumane is that we kill and then eat another creature for enjoyment.

I'm not just talking about those terrible hunters who kill our rhino's or who go hunting deers with their unjust guns, which does make me not want to be a human being, I'm talking about all  of us.
Yes, we are all deer killers, in our own context.
Myself included, who hasn't eaten Springbok biltong for the taste of it.
And I'm not judging anyone I know just as well as anyone how difficult it is to give in to our desires to consume.

"Recently we've been told that freedom is the freedom to fulfill our petty trivial desires but true freedom is freedom from those petty trivial desires" -Russel Brand

1 comment:

  1. I'm гeallʏ inspired witҺ your writing abilities and also with the layout in your ѡeblog.

    Is this a paid subnect matteг or did you modify it yourself?

    Anywaƴ stаy up the nice high qualіty writing, it is uncommon to
    peer a nice blog like this one today..

    Also visit my webpɑgе; sac a dos louis vuitton

    ReplyDelete