Search This Blog

Sunday, 27 April 2014

Low self esteem issues of a blogger

So this will be another feelings post but I think that I need to express this because hundreds of other bloggers probably feel the same way.

I have been blogging for about one year and three months yet the only person I have told about my blog, that I know personally, is my mom and brother and I'm pretty sure they haven't read much of it, this is quite alarming as I absolutely love my blog, its like a child to me, yet I still can't pluck up the confidence to tell my friends about it, I didn't even tell my mom till two months ago, but that was simply because I wanted to blog freely without the knowledge that my mom could be disappointed in what I may have just said.

I also haven't put up a single photograph of myself, I'm not sure why because I have loads and I feel that it is important for you to see what I look like, I'm also dying to do a lookbook.

I also go weeks without posting anything, or leaving things in the drafts because I feel as though no one would want to read my content, even though I'd love to write about it I feel like people won't be as excited about whatever product or event I'm wanting to post.
I also have this itching feeling that I shouldn't post at all until I'm a bit older and I've got a bit more money.
Which is pretty stupid.

I have changed my blog hundreds of times, in a previous post I roughly explain why but I'm still not happy with my header or my name and I'm only finally happy with my background but I've got a feeling that that might soon change, I'm going to try to not change anything and just leave my blog as it is.

If you have any tips on how to be more blog confident please let me know xx



7 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog....don't hold back...I look forward to every post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep on working: You only get better with time and from experince! And remember, every blogger has started the way you did, so don't stop if you love blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I totally feel you :) I enjoyed reading this post it was so honest :D I'm sorta in your position now.. It's not easy to blog, if it was everyone would do it. The fact that you clicked "New Blog" shows that your out there making a difference, which is what people need to be doing! Are you really going to let the spectators get you down? Picture this your playing a match and your on the pitch being a game maker while the others are just spectators. Your working hard while they're sitting down watching... Okay, if you didn't get what I was saying at all.. Take this quote "The doubters said "man cannot fly" the doers said "maybe but we'll try" and finally soared in the morning glow while the non believers watched from below" -Bruce Lee. Continue to do what you do hun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I'm making a difference, that sort of thing is important to all people, I totally get what you're saying and it reminded me of the fact that I'm writing a blog and hopefully helping others really is all that matters, Bruce Lee is a beast and I'll definitely put that quote up someplace, thank you for your comment it's good to know that there are some amazing people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, just wanted to tell you I completely understand. In fact, I literally just started my blog and have had the same thoughts as you, so i take comfort in knowing I'm not the only one who's feeling a bit self conscious to say the least. Know that you are making a difference by putting yourself out there and having folks like me stop by your blog and feel a little more like they're a part of something. Sorry i don't have many tips for you as I'm just starting out myself haha, but just keep doing you and don't give up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you take comfort in knowing that in fact all bloggers are a little insecure, I definitely do :)

    ReplyDelete